|SPIRIT / OIL SOLUBLE BASE TINTS
A range of light fast liquid Base Tints, which mix with all Fiddes spirit and oil based wood dyes. Fiddes Base Tints are exceptionally concentrated, and provide a great deal of flexibility when color matching. A very small percentage is required to alter the tone / shade of your chosen Fiddes Wood Dye. Based on fine quality dyestuffs, Fiddes Base Tints are easily mixed with Fiddes Shellac Polish and Fiddes Spray Lacquers and offer excellent light fast properties.
Sand the wooden substrate in stages, working with a medium sandpaper
(120 grit), through to a medium / fine grade (180 –220 grit). Always sand in the direction of the grain pattern where possible, ensuring the removal of any blemishes and glue residue prior to the application of Fiddes Wood Dyes. Take care to remove all traces of sanding dust and test the chosen Fiddes Wood Dye on a similar substrate to verify color / shade.
Stir the contents well and always check the shade before application.
Take a clean, lint free cotton cloth or sponge and apply in the direction of the wood grain where possible. Take care to remove any excess stain immediately with a separate, clean absorbent cloth, again following the direction of the grain pattern. To obtain a uniform colour, always wipe evenly, blending the stain over the whole surface area by exerting a degree of pressure when applying by hand. Leave to dry, and do not sand between coats.
The application of additional coats will deepen the existing colour / shade.
• Application: Cloth, Brush, Sponge / mix with Shellac Polish or Cellulose Spray Lacquer.
• Dry Time: 30 minutes at room temperature.
• Coverage: 16 sqm per Litre (depending on substrate and method of application)
• Coats: 1 coat – further coats will deepen color / shade.
• Thinners: Cellulose Thinners / Methylated Spirits / White Spirit.
• Recommended for use on: Fine Furniture, Doors, Floors, Cabinet Work and Panelling.
• Packaging: 1lt – 5lt containers.
|This color chart is for guidance only. Always stir contents well and check color.
Colors can be matched to meet your specification.