|SPIRIT SOLUBLE POWDER DYES & PIGMENTS
A range of fine spirit based powder dyes & pigments, traditionally used by Antique Restorers as a wood dye when mixed with Methylated Spirits or Shellac Polish, to add depth of color or to, in the case of pigments, match an existing finish.
Dry Pigment Powders:
1 KG MINERAL BLACK
1 KG YELLOW OCHRE
1 KG VENETIAN RED
1 KG FLAKE WHITE
1 KG BURNT TURKEY UMBER
1 KG RAW UMBER
1 KG BROWN UMBER
1 KG RAW SIENNA
1 KG BURNT SIENNA
1 KG BRIGHT YELLOW
500 GM RED
500 GM GREEN
500 GM BLUE
500 GM BLACK
500 GM YELLOW
500 GM BISMAK BROWN
500 GM OAK
500 GM MAHOGANY
500 GM WALNUT
Sand the wooden substrate in stages, working with a medium sandpaper (120 grit), through to a medium / fine grade (180 –220 grit). Always sand in the direction of the grain pattern where possible, ensuring the removal of any blemishes and glue residue prior to the application of Fiddes Wood Dyes. Take care to remove all traces of sanding dust and test the chosen Fiddes Wood Dye on a similar substrate to verify color / shade.
Stir the contents well and always check the shade before application.
• Application: Cloth, Brush, Sponge / mix with Shellac Polish and brush apply.
• Dry Time: 30 minutes at room temperature.
• Coverage: 16 sqm per Litre (depending on substrate and method of application)
• Coats: 1 coat – further coats will deepen color / shade.
• Thinners: Methylated Spirits.
• Recommended for use on: Fine Furniture, Doors, Floors, Cabinet Work and Panelling.
• Packaging: 500gm containers.
Sprit Dye Color Shades
|This color chart is for guidance only. Always stir contents well and check color.
Colors can be matched to meet your specification.