|HARD WAX OIL
A blend of natural oils & waxes offering exceptional durability & resistance for internal natural wood flooring, kitchen worktops (wood) and areas subjected to a high degree of wear.
Available in clear plus 9 additional tinted colors in Satin sheen. Clear is also available in Matt and Gloss sheen. See below for our color chart.
Produces a quick drying, natural satin / matt water repellent, tread-fast finish that will not peel or flake. To maintain / renovate, simply wash, buff or re-apply, following the guidelines below.
Suitable for application onto children’s toys – EN 71-Toy Safety Test
Resistant to liquids: Tested in accordance with BS 3900 G5
Resistant to wear: Tested in accordance with BS3900 E15
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, and free from any previous finish. Sand the substrate with a fine 150 grade sanding paper or 150 grit sanding disk, removing all traces of dust.
Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application. Always test on a small area prior to initial application. No primer required. Maximum 2 coats recommended. Apply at room temperature. Fiddes Hard Wax Oil is formulated for application directly, and does not require thinning.
First Coat - Stir contents thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room. Apply THINLY using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush and lay EVENLEY, following the direction of the grain. Remove any surplus material immediately with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for any excess application. Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
Second Coat - Apply as first coat, THINLY, allowing good ventilation. Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
When the surface area is completely dry, a light buff will further enhance the sheen level.
• Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application has occurred.
• Always test on a small area prior to major application.
• Certain dense or oily substrates may only require a single application, and subsequently buffed to achieve the desired finish.
• Longer drying periods may occur during application in cold, damp or humid conditions.
• Always apply sparingly and remove any excess product thoroughly.
• Re-Application: To renovate previous application of Fiddes Hard Wax Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply sparingly